The role of the Finance/Accounting Manager is to work directly for the Chief Financial Officer on cash management, general ledger accounting, budgeting and financial reporting activities within the finance and accounting function. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of related accounting experience, proficiency with Microsoft Excel, strong knowledge of QuickBooks, and strong attention to detail.
- Responsible for day-to-day cash management, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintain general ledger, facilitate payment of invoices, deposit cash receipts
- Work with banks and vendors to facilitate accurate and timely payment of expenses
- Prepare daily and monthly accounting and cash reconciliations
- Determine and maintain allocation of expenses across various business units
- Monitor and ensure compliance with travel expense reimbursement policies
- Monitor inventory of and order office supplies; Reconcile deliveries to invoices
- Prepare quarterly financial reports and periodic cash flow analysis
- Support annual budgeting process and prepare quarterly budget status reports
- Support annual audit and tax return preparation
- Prepare annual 1099-MISC Filings
- Support miscellaneous projects and initiatives
- B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related accounting experience
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks
- Knowledge of Adaptive Planning budget software a plus
- High integrity, trustworthiness, and ethical standards
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player
Pax World provides competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.
Pax World Funds is a family of mutual funds that seek to invest in forward-thinking companies with sustainable business models. To identify these companies, we combine rigorous financial analysis with equally rigorous Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) analysis. Pax World has a distinguished history of innovation, having launched the first socially responsible mutual fund in America in 1971. Today, Pax World is credited with being among the first investment managers to integrate (ESG) or sustainability factors into investment analysis and decision making.
Headquartered in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Pax World serves the investment needs of individuals, financial advisors and institutional investors. Pax World is a rapidly growing small company of approximately 50 employees, with a friendly, collegial and growth-oriented professional work environment.
To apply for this job, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Janet Lawton Spates, Vice President Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include “Finance/Accounting Manager-pax world” in the email subject line. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, we are unable to respond to all candidate submissions; we will only contact appropriate candidates of interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own Business. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.