Third Quarter 2013 Market Review and
Fourth Quarter Outlook
By Pax World Chief Investment Officer, Chris Brown
Moving into the fourth quarter of 2013 – a year that has been very good to equity
investors – the year-end horizon is darkened by paralyzing debates in Washington
over legislation, government funding, and the debt ceiling.1 It is worth looking back at some of the other circumstances investors confronted in 2013 to better appreciate the resiliency of global stock markets this year.
To read more download the full market outlook here
1Debt ceiling is the maximum amount of monies the United States can borrow. The debt ceiling was created under the Second Liberty Bond Act of 1917, putting a “ceiling” on the amount of bonds the United States can issue.
Recent Monthly Market Updates
Summaries of past months' key market events from Pax World CIO Chris Brown.
- Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign - November 2013
- The Waiting is the Hardest Part - October 2013
- On a Clear Day You Can See Recovery - August/September 2013
- The Fundamental Things Apply as Time Goes By - July 2013
- Looking Past the Headlines to Understand the Story - June 2013
- Central Bank Policies Spur Markets Globally - May 2013
- Growth Persists Despite Challenges - April 2013