Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posted: July 25, 2013
About Pax World
Pax World Funds is a family of mutual funds that seek to invest in forward-thinking companies with sustainable business models. To identify these companies, we combine rigorous financial analysis with equally rigorous Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) analysis. Pax World has a distinguished history of innovation, having launched the first socially responsible mutual fund in America in 1971. Today, Pax World is credited with being among the first investment managers to integrate (ESG) or sustainability factors into investment analysis and decision making.
Headquartered in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Pax World serves the investment needs of individuals, financial advisors and institutional investors. Pax World is a rapidly growing small company with a friendly, collegial and growth-oriented professional work environment.
The role of System Administrator is to work directly for the Vice President Information Technology on systems supporting approximately 50 employees. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience with Windows Operating systems, business based applications and a strong desire to learn. The role will serve primarily in the day-to-day support of all desktops, laptops and tablets within a Microsoft based networking environment.
- Analyze and support day-to-day management of network infrastructure
- Troubleshoot daily and develop resolution for desktop, laptop and tablet issues
- Coordinate software application installation and implementation of updates
- Develop procedure for annual PC builds, configuration and deployment
- Coordinate and document annual hardware and PC data destruction and disposal
- Create and implement spam filter adjustments as needed
- Analyze and coordinate firewall configuration changes
- Create new VPN users and be responsible for removal of stale or underutilized members
- Manage and support remote devices
- Create and maintain documentation of all company issued hardware
- Support VOIP phones and their related software application
- Deploy, troubleshoot and support network and locally connected printers
- Install, configure and support instant Messaging client software
- 1-3 years’ experience with Windows based operating systems
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Exposure to Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 and Active Directory
- General knowledge of networking
- Relational Database experience a plus
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- High degree of personal integrity, trustworthiness, and ethical standards
- Positive can-do attitude; team player
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
Pax World provides competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Janet Lawton Spates, Vice President Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "System Administrator-Pax" in the email subject line. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, we are unable to respond to all candidate submissions; we will only contact appropriate candidates of interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own Business. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.