Fixed Income Research Internship
Company: Pax World Management LLC
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Time Frame: 4-5 days per week
- Work with High Yield Portfolio Management Team
- Monitor bond pricing daily and update leverage model weekly
- Prepare financial models
- Provide analysis on credit and input on recommendations
- Listen to company earnings/conference calls
- Bloomberg work
- Responsible for miscellaneous mutual fund projects and initiatives
- Reports to the Portfolio Manager, Pax World High Yield Bond Fund
- 4-5 days per week
Intern Expected Experiences:
- To broaden knowledge of security analysis through assisting Portfolio Management in monitoring fixed income holdings and potential holdings
- To obtain a deeper understanding of mutual funds, exchange-traded funds and various types of securities
- To gain exposure to fixed income securities, operations, rules and regulations unique to the mutual fund industry
- To enhance understanding of the environmental, social and governance (ESG) investment process
- To enrich academic finance experience through practical and valuable supervised work experience in the mutual fund investment management field
- Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance, Economics or Business
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal, analytic and oral and written skills
- High integrity, trustworthiness and ethical standards
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities; attention to detail
- Sound and accurate judgment
- Proactive, innovative, resourceful
- Positive attitude; team player
To apply for this internship, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Janet Lawton Spates, Vice President Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include “Fixed Income Research Intern” in the email subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own Business. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this internship.
Pax World Funds is a family of mutual funds that seek to invest in forward-thinking companies with sustainable business models. To identify these companies, we combine rigorous financial analysis with equally rigorous Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) analysis.
Pax World has a distinguished history of innovation, having launched the first socially responsible mutual fund in America in 1971. Today, Pax World is credited with being among the first investment managers to integrate (ESG) or sustainability factors into investment analysis and decision making.
Headquartered in Portsmouth, NH, Pax World serves the investment needs of individuals, financial advisors and institutional investors. Pax World is a rapidly growing small company of approximately 50 employees, with a friendly, collegial and growth-oriented professional work environment.