Company: Pax World
Job Location: Portsmouth, NH
Date: April 17, 2014
The role of the Fund Administrator is to perform and/or assist in the performance of mutual fund administration activities including expense budget management; financial, regulatory and performance reporting; compliance testing; valuation monitoring and fund accounting oversight. The ideal candidate will have up to two years of related experience, proficiency with Microsoft Excel and will possess a strong attention to detail.
- Prepare daily fund packages to oversee third-party fund accounting and security valuations
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of security cost, realized gains/losses and holdings
- Calculate monthly portfolio turnover
- Calculate weekly expense payments and allocations, prepare expense payment authorizations and adjusting entries, and verify accuracy of implementation of payments and entries
- Update and verify monthly performance calculations and quarterly fund characteristics
- Prepare quarterly compliance testing
- Complete industry surveys
- Assist in preparation of quarterly Board materials and regulatory reports
- Assist in preparation of book/tax analyses supporting calculation of fund distributions
- Support miscellaneous projects and initiatives
- B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- Up to 2 years of related experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of mutual fund accounting and/or experience in the use of Bloomberg a plus
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, team player
Pax World provides competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Janet Lawton Spates, Vice President Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include “Fund Administrator-Pax” in the email subject line. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, we are unable to respond to all candidate submissions; we will only contact appropriate candidates of interest.
Pax World Funds is a family of mutual funds that seek to invest in forward-thinking companies with sustainable business models. To identify these companies, we combine rigorous financial analysis with equally rigorous Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) analysis. Pax World has a distinguished history of innovation, having launched the first socially responsible mutual fund in America in 1971. Today, Pax World is credited with being among the first investment managers to integrate (ESG) or sustainability factors into investment analysis and decision making.
Headquartered in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Pax World serves the investment needs of individuals, financial advisors and institutional investors. Pax World is a rapidly growing small company of approximately 50 employees, with a friendly, collegial and growth-oriented professional work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own Business. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.