Performance Analyst, 2-4 years’ experience
Company: Pax World
Job Location: Portsmouth, NH
Date: August 29, 2014
The Performance Analyst reports directly to the Director of Portfolio Analysis and Reporting. The role of the Performance Analyst is to calculate the performance of all Pax World products and prepare the performance data for marketing and sales materials, websites, Requests for Proposal, shareholder reports, regulatory filings and board reports. The role has a strong focus on marketing and sales support.
- Calculate and review monthly performance information for all products: mutual funds, separate accounts and relative benchmarks
- Update monthly performance files which include index and peer return data, allocations, top-ten data, etc.
- Provide internal and external parties all applicable performance and marketing data needed on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Strong focus on marketing and sales support
- Respond to ad hoc inquiries from internal and external parties
- Assist in update and review of all performance and allocation data on websites
- Assist in creation and review of marketing/sales materials, Requests for Proposal (RFPs), etc.
- Prepare monthly holdings reports for all products for website publication
- Prepare performance information for quarterly board reports, shareholder statements, semi-annual shareholder reports, prospectus and other regulatory filings
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
- May be responsible for miscellaneous mutual fund projects, initiatives, research projects, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Mathematics or Marketing; or equivalent experience
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in performance measurement for mutual funds and/or separate accounts
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of performance attribution methods and frameworks is preferred
- Familiarity with Factset software and/or Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) compliance, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with high level of accuracy
- Ability to interpret data and creatively present it
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- High integrity, trustworthiness and ethical standards
- Proactive, innovative, resourceful, self-starter
- Team player
Pax World provides competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Janet Lawton Spates, Vice President Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include “Performance Analyst-Pax Web” in the email subject line. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, we are unable to respond to all candidate submissions; we will only contact appropriate candidates of interest.
Pax World Funds is a family of mutual funds that seek to invest in forward-thinking companies with sustainable business models. To identify these companies, we combine rigorous financial analysis with equally rigorous Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) analysis. Pax World has a distinguished history of innovation, having launched the first socially responsible mutual fund in America in 1971. Today, Pax World is credited with being among the first investment managers to integrate ESG or sustainability factors into investment analysis and decision making.
Headquartered in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Pax World serves the investment needs of individuals, financial advisors and institutional investors. Pax World is a rapidly growing small company of approximately 50 employees, with a friendly, collegial and growth-oriented professional work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own Business. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.