Mutual Fund Reporting & Tax Manager
Company: Pax World
Job Location: Portsmouth, NH
Date: July 10, 2014
The role of the Mutual Fund Reporting & Tax Manager is to partner with and support the Funds’ Treasurer in overall responsibility for Fund Treasurer activities for a series of proprietary mutual funds, including multi-class funds, multi-manager funds, funds-of-funds, index-based funds, a high yield bond fund and international and domestic equity funds. Such activities include fund accounting and service provider oversight, daily/monthly reconciliations, valuation oversight, financial and regulatory reporting, calculation of tax distributions, development and implementation of internal controls. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of eight years of related experience, will possess strong technical knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements, GAAP and mutual fund taxation, will be proficient in Microsoft Excel and will be detail-oriented.
- Coordinate preparation of Funds’ financial statements and related schedules and notes for quarterly board meetings and semi-annual shareholder reports.
- Prepare and/or oversee preparation of financial information for regulatory filings including prospectus, N-CSR, N-Q, N-SAR, 13-F and 24F-2 filings.
- Coordinate and/or oversee preparation and Edgarization of regulatory filings.
- Coordinate, oversee and support annual Fund audits with independent auditors.
- Keep abreast of mutual fund financial reporting developments, evaluate impact on Funds and update policies and procedures to address them.
- Ensure compliance with company’s internal controls, evaluate effectiveness, and recommend changes.
- Assist in analysis and preparation of book/tax adjustments and tax provisions necessary to calculate income dividends and capital gains distributions. Comply with distribution rules to maintain Funds’ tax exempt status.
- Oversee monthly/quarterly prospectus compliance testing for the Funds.
- Support miscellaneous mutual fund projects and initiatives as needed.
- Degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in various aspects of mutual fund accounting, reporting and taxation.
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of mutual funds from an investment, operational, regulatory, taxation and financial reporting perspective.
- Technical knowledge of calculation of ordinary income and capital gain distributions and related tax issues.
- Familiarity with Advent Access, Edgarfilings software and/or Charles River System a plus.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, trustworthiness, and ethical standards.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in decision-making.
- Proactive, innovative, resourceful, hands-on, a team player.
Pax World provides competitive compensation and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Janet Lawton Spates, Vice President Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Mutual Fund Reporting & Tax Manager” in the email subject line.
Pax World Funds is a family of mutual funds that seek to invest in forward-thinking companies with sustainable business models. To identify these companies, we combine rigorous financial analysis with equally rigorous Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) analysis. Pax World has a distinguished history of innovation, having launched the first socially responsible mutual fund in America in 1971. Today, Pax World is credited with being among the first investment managers to integrate ESG or sustainability factors into investment analysis and decision making.
Headquartered in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Pax World serves the investment needs of individuals, financial advisors and institutional investors. Pax World is a rapidly growing small company of approximately 50 employees, with a friendly, collegial and growth-oriented professional work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards of corporate social responsibility, both in our investment approach and in the way we try to conduct our own Business. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.